Friday, August 29, 2008

Chicago!!

Lots of pictures here so get ready... Brett had an accounting conference for work in Chicago so what a perfect opportunity for us to have a fun get away!! We saw everything and did everything we possibly could in that short amount of time. First off, we have us at Harry Caray's restaurant next to the famous Bull. We thought since Harry Caray was a sports announcer, that it would be a cheap sports bar... but no. Meals were in the 30's up to the 50's for a steak. Luckily all Brett eats is Fettuccine and that was the cheapest item on the menu.



Famous Chicago Sign and Theatre.. MC Hammer was performing while we were there... we decided not to go.



Now for the most important thing. We went to Wicked while we were there. They are just pictures of outside because you can't take pictures inside.. butiIt was awesome and my second time seeing it. Brett was a wicked virgin but seemed to like it okay and even broke into loud laughter multiple times!





This is random, but this is the church that is used for the wedding in "my best friends wedding". Kinda cool and really cute.



We rode a double decker around the city our last day to see things we may have missed. One stop was Navy Pier. There we shopped, ate and rode the famous ferris wheel (first one ever made was on Navy Pier) and took pictures of the city from up high. Brett didn't like being up that high so he focused on taking pictures and not moving an inch.













We went to Wrigley Field but it the Cubs game was sold out. We decided to take pictures and buy t-shirts anyway. It was pretty fun and probably Brett's favorite part.










We also went to the Art Museum on our double decker tour. Not super exciting but we did see monet, Degas, and Van Gogh! We also recognized this picture!



Lastly was our trip to the Sears Tower (tallest building in North America, I think). There was a great view and we took lots of pictures.


This was at the sears tower.. Jane Addams was the pioneer of Social Work and Chicago was where it all started!!


This was also up in the sears tower. Brett just likes Jordan.




Thats about all. It was really fun to get away and spend time together. The trip ended in a plane ride not sitting together, with Brett in the exit row up front (more leg room) and me in the back with the recliner that doesn't work, the man that slept practically on top of me and the bathroom that was broken and stinking up the joint. Dispite the long trip home it was definately worth it.

7 comments:

Kim said...

Too funny!! I had no idea about the plane ride home. You guys are too cute, wish I had a trip somewhere. Do you two want three kids:) haha Oh to be young again!!

Kim said...

Oh yeah I forgot to mention I love the new background. And I usually don't leave 20 comments like a stalker.

The Byrdhouse said...

Love the new background! And love the pics! It was fun to see you guys. Glad you had so much fun in Chicago. And you didn't mention the stinky trip home!

Natalie and Spencer said...

hey Lin I'm commenting from an I touch at the apple store. Seems like everyone likes your background! Love ya!

mamabit said...

Hey Lindsey, It was so much fun looking at your blog. I loved all of the pictures. It looks like you had so much fun in Chicago I am so glad that you could go with Brett. I love you, Mom

Kim said...

So there's this little I've tagged you thing. It's pretty simple and fun if you have time to do it.

KimWar said...

You are so lucky that you got to see Wicked. I just finished the book and loved it. I really want to see it. This Jake Warburton's wife Kim by the way in case you didn't know. I really want to go to Chicago. Lucky!